- To engage in activities, which provide encouragement, leadership, and assistance to High Tech High at Liberty Station, so the school can reach its goals and objectives.
- To encourage member participation in school activities.
- To facilitate communication between home and schools, and between the Parent Associations of the schools at Liberty Station.
- To promote the recognition of High Tech High in the community.
- Nomination committee members volunteer.
- Unanimous vote is needed by current PA board members for approval.
- Open nomination letter goes out to parents providing contact information of the nomination committee members and deadline to submit nominations.
- A minimum of three weeks is open for nominations.
- At this time parents can nominate delegates for PA Board positions thru written notice by notifying one of the nomination committee members.
- Nomination names are reviewed and discussed by the nomination committee members and the final slate is formed.
- Two weeks prior to the annual election meeting (open to all parents) notification is emailed to parents of all nominees and the annual meeting date for voting is announced.
- Nominations are now closed until the night of the annual election meeting.
- At the annual election meeting any final nominations can be given to a nomination committee member to add before voting begins.
- One hour before the voting, open nominations is closed.
- Nominee names are announced and voted on by those attending the annual nomination meeting.
- All parents and the school community are notified of new PA Board members and congratulations are given.
President - Meet monthly w/PA Board and Presidents’ Council. Act as liaison for the parent community and oversees all PA Board meetings.
Vice President(s) - Meet monthly w/PA Board and Presidents’ Council, attend monthly PA Board meetings, and support the President.
Secretary - Attend monthly PA Board meeting, take minutes, prepare minutes and distribute to PA Board members for review and approval.
Treasurer - Attend monthly PA Board meetings, maintain and report on school finances.
Parliamentarian - Attend and oversee the agenda items at monthly PA Board meetings and oversee committee nominations.